November 2022

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
1314151617 1819
20212223242526
27282930   

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Monday, July 26th, 2021 08:55 pm
Podcast: Casefile
Episode: Case 97: Rebecca Schaeffer
Reactions:

Oh... that's so sad. I try not to fall into the line of thinking that celebrity deaths are somehow more tragic than average people's, but it does always just make me sad when someone who seems like they could have and wanted to bring beauty and good art into the world doesn't get a chance to do that.

I'm glad that her death prompted some people some places to take stalkers more seriously; they're still too frequently ignored and brushed off as a threat until it's too late.

Podcast: Dames and Dragons
Episode: #1: Festival of Lights (Part 1)
Reactions:

I don't know what has possessed me to start ANOTHER live-play podcast but this one has been on my list for a while now and I don't get to play DND this week soooo here we are I guess

The starts of DND campaigns are just... always awkward and hard to get into, I think, but I am intrigued by this setup of three people who have been trained to guard a goddess, all the world-building sounds so cool so far.

Podcast: Lore
Episode: #1: They Made A Tonic
Reactions:

Trying this one out — seems to have a lot of things I would be interested in. I was teased by him talking about how vampires exist in many iterations beyond the Europeans but then not actually talking about non-European vampires except a super fleeting mention of Madagascar. But nice spooky, gothic historical atmosphere.

Podcast: My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Episode: #293: Dark Ages Teen Life
Reactions:

Justin: Are you worried that Yahoo answers is not a renewable resource?
Me in 2021: RIP

I feel like so many of my comments on MBMBMAM are just future perspectives on how It Got Worse XD

Podcast: Noble Blood
Episode: #44: The People's Princess
Reactions:

It's always weird listening to people talk about Diana because I was like, *just* too young to remember it when she died, so I can't remember any of the media storm around her or her death but people I overlap with pretty close in age knew about it at the time, and it feels like a thing that overlaps with a lot of culture etc that

Podcast: Queer as Fact
Episode: #39: Sofya Parnok
Reactions:

"A surplus of wives and a monkey" is a hell of a way to live, good for her.

Podcast: Shmanners
Episode: #26: Pools and Beaches
Reactions:

Travis: We got a lot of questions about what's appropriate to wear
Me: *starts laughing in French topless beaches*

Genuinely though Americans are SO PENT UP about bodies and it's so unhealthy. Just let people be, the only reason you think a person existing in a bikini is scandalous is because we've been taught bodies are scary forbidden things. It's the same reason kink at pride discourse exists.